I am Brian Horlings, a dedicated husband and father of two wonderful kids.
I also happen to be an IT Professional based in Grand Rapids, MI.
I call myself an IT Professional rather than an IT guy, freelancer, network administrator, system administrator, web designer or web developer because I am more than that.
Since 2004, I have been the IT/IS Manager for a plastic profile extrusion company called Custom Profile. On a daily basis you can find me doing one or all of the following:
- Solve problems
- Ensure our network is running
- Mine data from our databases
- Define or help improve business processes
- Wrangle code for our internal and external websites
- Chat my coworkers ears off
What makes me different?
There many things that make me different from other people in my industry. I feel that I bring a different skill set to the table. Some of the value I bring is:
- I have managed an IT department for the last 8+ years.
- Managing our ERP system has meant that I have to know the ins and outs of all aspects of business.
- Customer service is a top priority for me.
In my free time I experiment with the web. You will probably find me listening to a podcast, crafting a new site for a client, reading blog posts or experimenting with a new technology.
Seeing how the web can be applied to solve problems or improve business processes is a passion of mine.
A few extra tidbits about me
- I graduated from Davenport University with a degree in Network Administration.
- Completing my Master’s Degree in Strategic Management has been on hold since our kids were born and I am okay with that.
- Besides spending time with my family I enjoy golf and bass fishing.
- One of my guilty pleasures is watching Duck Dynasty.
Want to know more or work with me on a web related project?
Connect with me by emailing me at email@example.com.